Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review: Lemon Berry Cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake

gtowncupcake
Cupcake: Lemon Berry
Company: Georgetown Cupcake
Location: Bethesda, MD
Website: Georgetown Cupcake

If you have ever seen the show DC Cupcakes on TLC, then you should be familiar with Georgetown Cupcake. Being somewhat of a cupcake connoisseur, I really enjoy watching this show (as well as Cupcake Wars). This famous cupcake bakery has two locations, one in Washington D.C. and one in Bethesda, Maryland. My boyfriend and I, both being fans of the show, decided it was time to see what the hype was about!

The Bethesda store is located just a few blocks from the metro in Bethesda Row. When we arrived I was surprised at the small size of the bakery. The Georgetown store appears to be a decent size on TV, but the Bethesda store seemed to be about half the size. I was worried that there would be a line out the door, but that was not the case. There were only about five people in front of us, which was perfect because it gave us time to browse the menu.

Lemon Berry GTCI have to admit, normally I go with a vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing. As I looked over the different flavors, I figured that I need to be a little more adventurous with my choices. I decided to go with the Lemon Berry cupcake.

Part of what attracted me to this cupcake was the awesomely pink icing that just stood out from all the rest. Georgetown Cupcake uses the signature swirl when icing their cupcakes. This is done with a large round decorating tip, which gives the icing a smooth look. The top was garnished with a lemon gummy candy. I loved the look of this cupcake! Although pretty girly, it definitely reminded me of pink lemonade.

The cake was a lemon raspberry cupcake. I felt the lemon flavor was a little stronger than the raspberry. It had a very nice consistency as the cake was very moist and a little bit dense (I did try the Vanilla Birthday and found this cake to be lighter). The cake was also not overly sweet. I enjoyed it alone, as well as with the icing. The raspberry cream cheese icing was fantastic. It was just sweet enough to please my taste buds. It complimented the cake very nicely. The lemon candy garnish added nothing to the flavor, but it did add to the presentation. This is definitely a great summer cupcake!

I highly recommend Georgetown Cupcake. If you are ever in the DC metro area, definitely make a point to stop in and get a cupcake or three. They have daily specials as well as seasonal specials. Another great thing about Georgetown Cupcake is they deliver! Though this option might be kind of pricey, the cupcakes are pretty amazing. Check them out at their shop, on their website, or on TLC’s DC Cupcakes.


 
Rating_5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...