Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Snickerdoodle Cupcake from Angelcakes

angel cakes
Cupcake: Snickerdoodle
Company: Angelcakes
Location: Frederick, MD
Website: Angelcakes 

I cannot get enough of cupcakes. I love checking out new bakeries and coffee shops that sell them. A few weeks ago, a new cake/cupcake bakery, Angelcakes, opened up in my hometown. This is very good, because to my knowledge Frederick was lacking such bakery. Several people mentioned it, so my boyfriend and I decided to check it out. Prior to today's visit, we had unsuccessfully visited it twice, as the store was closed on our first visit, and the cupcakes were sold out on our second visit. Third time was a charm!

AngelCakes CUpcakesLocated two doors down from Frederick Coffee Company, this building is very small. Being so small, there was no seating. The counter contained a display of cupcakes being served for the day. Of those eight flavors offered today, we purchased four: Coconut, Snickerdoodle, Madagascar Vanilla, and Salted Caramel. I decided to try out the Snickerdoodle, as it is my favorite kind of cookie.

The presentation was very simple, yet appetizing. A basic swirl of icing, with a sprinkle of cinnamon covering the top, was complimented by the golden-brown cupcake and gold foil liner. My specialty is decoration and cupcake flair, but I can really appreciate the modest appearance of this cupcake.

AngelCakes-SnickerdoodleCupcakeThe cake, itself, was very sweet. It tasted much like a vanilla cupcake. I was expecting the top to be a little crisp based on appearance. However, I was surprised to find that was not the case at all. The consistency was a little moist and a tiny bit dense, both good qualities in moderation. The icing was also very sweet and soft. It was a buttercream with a hint of cinnamon and cream of tartar, which are two potent ingredients in snickerdoodle cookies.

As far as cupcakes go, I really enjoyed this one. I will definitely be returning to this cupcake bakery. The price of each cupcake was decent at $2.25. My only concern is the amount of sugar in the cake. I think a less sweet cake would have complimented the sugary icing just a little bit better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...